Date: Tuesday, April 17th 2012
Time: 8:00am to 5:30pm
ARE YOU AN INVESTOR-READY ENTREPRENEUR? Raising equity capital is challenging at best. Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur TM is designed to educate and prepare growth-oriented entrepreneurs to successfully engage private equity investors. Getting ready includes a wide range of activities and decisions that will help the entrepreneur with their business in a number of ways. This program was developed with direct input from experienced entrepreneurs, angel investors, angel networks/fund executives, and venture capitalists, and provides an “insider’s look” into the world of equity funding. By viewing investors as “customers of equity”, entrepreneurs can reduce barriers to funding, navigate the process more easily, and increase the chances of obtaining funding for their business.
LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED INVESTORS AND ENTREPRENEURS
- Learn about the equity funding “food chain”
- Find out what investors look for and expect from the companies they fund
- Learn how to make your company “investor-ready”(and improve your business while you’re at it)
- Assess your own “readiness” at each step of the way
- Hear from those who’ve “done it”. Panelists will include serial entrepreneurs and angel investors who’ve “been there”.
- Receive a comprehensive workbook, ongoing counseling support and access to additional online resources
- Save countless hours and enhance your chances of successfullyraising equity capital
Panelists and moderators include: • Kip Johnson, WCSR – transactional attorney & investor • Charlie Owen III, IMAF-West – entrepreneur & fund executive • Marjorie Benbow, NCBC – consultant & patent attorney • Tim Janke, SBTDC / IMAF – investor & early stage fund executive • Bill Parrish, SBTDC – consultant, entrepreneur & investor LUNCHEON KEYNOTE: SEAN O’CONNELL, FOUNDER, Creative Allies Creative Allies allows designers to create content for companies, brands and even rock stars and get paid for it. PLACE: Asheville Chamber of Commerce Asheville, NC DATE/TIME: April 17, 2012 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM HOW TO REGISTER The Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur (IRE) registration fee is $95 for members/$295 for nonmembers. For more information, please visit: www.sbtdc.org/investorready
or contact Tim Janke at 336.403.1088 / email@example.com
SPONSORED BY: Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, Venture Asheville, SBTDC, UNCA-Family Business Forum and AdvantageWest
For more information contact gro.cdtbs@eknajt
For general inquiries email us at: gro.rebmahcellivehsa@rebmem