The Small Business Leader of the Year Award program recognizes two individuals who clearly reflect quality and dedication in the operation of small business (under 50 employees) in the Asheville area and provide leadership accomplishments including innovation, initiative and civic responsiveness.
- Must be an owner/partner/major shareholder of the small business, active in the day-to-day management and operation of the business.
- Small business is defined as 50 or fewer employees.
- Significant business achievements; industry awards, public recognition, other achievement or recommendations.
- Exhibits leadership in business and community affairs.
- Innovative person who shows creativity in business decisions or in development of specific products or services.
- Responds to business challenges and problems with effective solutions.
- Exhibits initiatives in new job development and equal opportunity employment.
- Participates in community affairs and activities contributing time, effort, and resources.
- Active involvement in professional and/or trade associations.
- Must be a member of the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce.
Please fill out the form below to nominate an individual for this award. Contact Member Services at 828-210-2729 for questions.
Presented by HomeTrust Bank.