And if you’re not, you should be. There’s a reason that Asheville is consistently ranked among the top places to visit in the U.S. and even the world, by prestigious travel sites like US News & World Report, Today, Lonely Planet, USA Today and Frommer’s. Several reasons in fact:
- Stunning scenery: The Blue Ridge Parkway, which connects the Great Smoky Mountains National Park with the Shenandoah National Park, runs right through Asheville, suffusing the city with fresh mountain air and Instagram-worthy views.
- Fabulous food and drink: An astonishing variety of craft beers and spirits is matched by a culinary scene that ranges from reimagined Southern cuisine prepared by James Beard-nominated chefs to Indian street food.
- Marvelous music: From traditional mountain music to electronica to the drum circle, Asheville’s music scene is hot.
- Amazing art: In the River Arts District, more than 200 artists work in mediums ranging from paint to pottery to paper, while other craftsmen preserve the area’s traditional folk arts.
- Adventure on your terms: Sure, we have hiking, biking, zip lining and whitewater rafting. But we also have scenic drives and leisurely boat rides down the French Broad River.
Hey, it’s fine to play hard on vacation. But choosing a vacation destination should be easy. You got this.