We’ve gather a dozen tips from our Mega Networking table hosts to inspire you at your next networking event.
- Come early, stay late, be yourself & have fun! ~Christine Priola, Montford & North Asheville Neighbors – BVM
- Have a go-to question to get the ball rolling, like “What’s coming up in the next 3 months that you’re excited about?” or “What would you love to get paid to do if you weren’t doing what you do now?” ~Leslie Apple, Edward Jones
- Be yourself and don’t try to sell it. ~Paul Capua, Capua Law Firm, PA
- Show up. ~Canio Costanzo, MB Haynes Corporation
- Customize your elevator speech to the people you are talking to. ~Tonya Roberts, Asheville Buncombe Youth Soccer Association
- Arrive early, stay late. Go to everything. Make friends. ~ Steve Jenks, Incredible Towns
- Be a resource for everyone. Give your time and be engaged. ~David Riddell, Big From Custom T-Shirts of Asheville
- Don’t be too salesy! Clients do not like sales pitches that are desperate and overly rehearsed. Be yourself and relatable. ~Molly Gaffney-Keebler, Spherion
- Don’t be shy. Everyone is human. Just introduce yourself. ~Rob Nielsen, Fusion Commercial AV
- Bring a friend. ~Namurah Blakely, Quality Janitorial Group. Inc.
- Come up with creative ways to partner with and support other businesses in your city! ~Erin McEntire, Radius Chiropractic
- Be yourself, and build relationships. ~Arlene Sullivan.
- And one more…Everyone wants to be awesome! So ask lots of questions, listen well and then validate each person for all the ways that you recognize that they are awesome! ~Tony Morris, Asheville Sun Soo Martial Arts
At the Asheville Chamber, we offer you many opportunities to connect with others in the business community. Check our events calendar for upcoming events like Business Before Hours (monthly), Business After Hours (monthly) and Mega Networking (Oct. & March).