Salute to Small Business, May 3-7
Small businesses are a vital part of Asheville’s economy: sustaining jobs, adding to our unique culture and innovating. Join other local small business leaders for a series of events that celebrate and support small businesses.
Please click the links below to register for each event.
- Tuesday, May 4th, Sky High Growth Awards, 4-5:30 p.m.: Tune in to Facebook for our live stream of the drive-through 2021 Sky High Growth Awards. Learn more about Sky High Growth Awards
- Wednesday, May 5th, Headshots by Julieta Fumberg Creative, 9-11:30 a.m. Registration required.
What better way to feel good about yourself and the hard work you put into your small business than to get a nice headshot photo by a professional photographer? We’re pleased to partner with Julieta Fumberg of Julieta Fumberg Creative to offer you professional photography at a deeply discounted rate.
- Wednesday, May 5th, Smart Series: Social Economics & Getrification, 12-1 p.m. Register for this virtual event
Asheville’s metro area has experienced a population growth of 20% in the last 20 years, taking our permanent resident count to 75,115 to 93,758. With more people, comes more business, which has ushered in an era of change – but have we taken into account the effects of this change? The modernization and erasure of marginalized communities Asheville has always been in tandem and in this session we will learn about innovative approaches to combat Asheville’s growing housing crisis.
- Thursday, May 6th, Sky High Secrets to Success, 9-10 a.m. Register for this virtual event
Let’s face it. The past year has been…challenging. Some companies in our community have still found their way to success stories. What are their secrets? Join us during Small Business Week to hear from a few of this year’s Sky High Growth Award winners. Learn how they face challenges, what are their “tricks of the trade” or valuable lessons they’ve learned along the way. Hearing the stories of others who have “been there” can be encouraging and inspirational. Join us and celebrate small business success!
- Thursday, May 6th, Business After Hours at Aloft, 5:30-7 p.m. In-person; COVID restrictions/health protocols apply.