Virtual WNC Career Expo, October 14-16
Employers in Western North Carolina have available positions and want to hire qualified candidates – like you!
Through the regional virtual career expo, you can:
- learn about local employers,
- determine your best job fit
- meet with employers LIVE online via chat or email.
Access this event from any device anywhere with Internet service.
Career seekers are invited to register at wnccareerexpo.easyvirtualfair.com
- Registration allows you to tell potential employers more about you, what your career interests are and upload a resume.
- Registration is not required.
- The Career Expo can be accesses from any device anywhere with Internet Service.
- Book an appointment to use a computer at Buncombe County Libraries. Learn more
- Goodwill Career Center is open to assist job seekers for the Career Expo during business hours from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. For more information, call 828-298-9023. Job seekers are asked to limit their job search to 90 minutes if another job seeker happens to be waiting.
- List of Wi-fi hotspots
Career Expo Prep Webinars:
In advance of the Virtual WNC Career Expo Goodwill and AARP are hosting webinars to help job seekers prepare.
Show up to the expo ready to shine with Goodwill’s WNC Career Expo Prep Week (Each Virtual Webinar Held from 1:30-2):
- 10/5 Doing the Research: What employers will be present at the EXPO? Which employers should you target? What are the employer’s values? What types of questions will you ask the recruiter?
- 10/7 Resume Revamp: Quick tips to update, polish, and make your resume standout to the employers you are targeting.
- 10/9 Nail the (Informational) Interview: Setting Career Expo goals. How to maximize the few minutes you have in front of an employer. Preparing your questions to ask the employer.
To register for these webinars with Goodwill, email email@example.com with the course you would like to attend.
AARP Resume Workshop
September 30th, 12 -1PM
In the EWI/Asheville 50+ Lunch and Learn Resume Workshop on September 30th (12:00 pm to 1:00 pm), you will learn how to showcase the skills and abilities you offer an employer and minimize any potential for age-related discrimination concerns. The focus will be on presenting your strengths, skills, experiences, accomplishments and credentials so employers can easily see you’re a great fit for their organization and their work. You will also learn about other resources in Asheville, where you can get further one-on-one assistance in preparing your resume.