In WomanUP’s Whole-person Wellness Part 2, Dr. Sausan Campbell of AdventHealth Medical Group Internal Medicine and Laurel Tillman, HFS of AdventHealth Corporate Wellness shared health and wellness tips for maintaining and boosting physical health.
Health and Wellness Information for Women:
Dr. Campbell and Laurel also shared the following information regarding Gut Health and its role in our physical and mental well-being:
We recommend you connect with your physician to make sure you are tailoring the options to your unique health and wellness needs.
Ways to Address or Reduce Infection:
- SILVER – nasal or throat spray or orally (Example: Argentyn 23)
- Respigard – 2 bottles over the first 3 to 4 days
- Vitamin D3 – 50,000 IU daily for 3 days, then 5000 IU/d during the Cold & Flu seasons. You should take this with food.
- Vitamin C – 1000 mg 2-3 daily, 500-1000mg hourly in airplane
- Echinacea- high dosages, spray into back of throat every 2 to 3 hours.
- Elderberry extract- as directed, up to one bottle daily for 2 to 3 days. Note: Elderberry extract has been contraindicated for use to address COVID-19 infections
- Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) – 10 to 15 drops, 2 to 3 times daily
- Garlic: 1 to 2 cloves crushed and “rested” for 5 minutes, or 4 to 6 capsules per day Colloidal Silver: 1 tsp. 2 to 3 times daily for 7 to 10 days
- Olive Leaf Extract: Use as directed
- Goldenseal: 500 mg twice daily
- Coenzyme Q10: 100 mg 2 to 4 times daily
- Selenium: 200 mcg/3 per day for 5 to 7 days
- Zinc lozenges: 15 mg every 2 to 3 hours for 3 to 5 days
WATER – Pure water and lots of it. Drink half your body weight in ounces every day.
Example: You weigh 150lbs, Drink 75 oz of water/day
Avoid sugars, starchy/refined carbohydrates, processed and fried foods.
Quick Tips to Avoid Infections:
- Keep your hands away from eyes and nose
- Vitamin D3: 5000 IU/d or enough to keep serum levels >50 Vitamin A-
- 5000 units per day in children
- 10,000 units per day in adults
- Vitamin C: 1000 mg 2-3 daily, 500-1000mg hourly in airplanes
- Garlic: 1 to 2 cloves crushed and rested for 5 minutes
- Selenium: 200 mcg/daily
- Zinc: 30 mg/daily
Immunity Boosting Nutrition:
- Antioxidants – Polyphenols
- Tomatoes – rich in Vitamin C and Lycopene
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vitamins: A, B-series, C, D, E, K
Stress Fighting Foods:
Adaptogens – natural substances that can help the body adapt to stress. They have a normalizing effect on bodily processes. Examples: ginseng, Ashwagandha, Goji Berry, Licorice root, Turmeric
Establishing a good sleep pattern is a vital way to improve physical and mental wellness.
- Set a routine
- End screen time at least an hour before going to sleep,
- Prep your body for rest by quieting your mind, drinking tea, warm milk, or golden milk with turmeric
- Go to bed before 10 pm. Your best restorative sleep happens before midnight.
- Wake up at the same time every day.
Don’t ignore what your body is telling you.
Establish a relationship with a primary care provider who can help you reach your health and wellness goals.
To learn more or connect with Dr. Campbell or Laurel, visit AdventHealthNC.com or call 855-774-LIFE (5433).