Chamber members are invited to submit a proposal for the 2021-2022 Smart Series beginning in September of this year. Each session will be held in the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce Board Room from 12-1 p.m.
Topics and guidelines are listed below. Proposals should be submitted to Amy Jackson, Director of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 21.
- Presenter must choose one of the topics listed below, as these were specifically requested from our members. We recognize that these topics may seem broad. Presentations should give specific, actionable information related to some aspect of the topic rather than generalized.
- Include a title and brief description of program to be presented.
- Include a brief biography of the presenter.
- September 8 – Implicit Bias
- October 6 – Ethics in the Workplace
- November 3 – Applying an Entrepreneurial Mindset in Your Business
- December 1 – Purpose-driven Marketing
- January 5 – Company Culture: Community Building Inside and Outside of Your Business
- March 2 – Leadership Skills
- May 4 – Small Business Week – Presentation should be applicable to the goals/needs of small businesses.
General Criteria for Presenters:
- No solicitation of products or services by the speaker.
- Program must advance the professionalism of members.
- Content must be educational, meaningful and practical for the business community.
- Program must be delivered by a qualified expert on the topic.
- Presenter is responsible for program materials distributed to attendees.
- Speaker should indicate equipment/technology needs and conduct a “practice run” at least one week in advance.
- Programs are typically 50 minutes.
Presenters will be selected by the Membership Council and Chamber Member Services. Selections will be made on Monday, August 9, and presenters will be notified the following week.