For kids: Age-appropriate education about COVID-19
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, please refer the following resources…
- RHA Mobile Crisis (1-888-573-1006 for WNC or 1-844-709-4097 for Eastern NC): Intensive, on-site response, stabilization and intervention for people of all ages who are experiencing a crisis due to mental health disturbances, developmental disabilities, or addiction; Available 24/7
- RHA’s Behavior Health Crisis Center (828-254-2700): Open M-F (8AM-8PM), walk-in clinic. For all ages. Offers triage, crisis assessment, linkage to appropriate community resources, etc.
- Present to local ER
- Admission to Copestone Inpatient at Mission Hospital or The HOPE Unit at Advent Health- Adults only
- Veterans can go to Asheville VAMC (Johnson City VAMC is also an option)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-8255)
- Caiyalynn Burrell Child Crisis Center on Biltmore Ave. (877-277-8873): A planned 16-bed facility-based crisis and detox program for children and adolescents (ages 6-17). It provides an alternative to hospitalization for eligible children experiencing a mental health, substance abuse or intellectual or developmental disability (IDD) crisis. 24/7 hotline & Drop-in center
- The Trevor Project (1-866-488-7386): Geared toward young adults, specifically for LGBTQ
- Safelight (828-693-3840): Nonprofit agency that provides support for survivors of interpersonal violence, sexual assault and child abuse.
- Helpmate (828-254-0516): Works to eliminate abuse and fear by providing safety, shelter, and support for victims/survivors of intimate partner domestic violence.
- Loveisrespect.org: 24/7/365 support for teens and young adults in abusive relationships. Chat at loveisrespect.org, Text LOVEIS to 22522, or Call 1-866-331-9474.
- https://www.crisistextline.org/ (text HOME to 741 741): A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds, all from our secure online platform. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment. All ages, but great for younger generation, as they might prefer texting or even see a phone call as a barrier.
Pregnancy and postpartum
- Homegrown Families (828-777-8899)
- Support groups and classes
- Evidenced based birth (https://evidencebasedbirth.com/)
- You can receive regular updates about the research on COVID-19 and pregnancy