PROpel AVL Awards honor young professionals 40 and under who have distinguished themselves in their profession or as a leader and individuals who serve as mentors to young professionals in our community.
About the Awards:
- Community/Public Service: This award honors an individual for their involvement in the community or for public service.
- Trailblazer: This award honors an individual for outstanding leadership in their organization, industry, profession or the young professional community.
- Innovation: This award honors an individual for creativity and innovation in business.
- Mentor: This award honors an individual who serves as a mentor to young professionals in our community.
- The candidate should work for a company that is an Asheville Chamber member based in, founded in or with a significant presence in Buncombe County. OR the candidate is a current member of PROpel AVL (formerly Young Professionals of Asheville)
Winners are chosen by the PROpel AVL volunteer committee based on the merit of the application. Reviewers will be looking for details on the nominees’ professional accomplishments, demonstrated leadership and community contributions. Winner will be honored at the PROpel AVL Awards program.
Tips for submitting a nomination:
- Self-nominations are welcomed.
- The information provided on this submission is the only information the committee will review. Be thorough in your response and provide specific examples. As you write, think about what made you decide to nominate the person, how are they different from others in a similar career, share how this individual contributes to the overall success of their team, organization and our community.
- Give specific examples to demonstrate the candidate’s contributions.
- Nominations are accepted through March 31, 2024.