Job Summary (Primary Function)
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
13.Oversight of facility security cameras.
14. Interfaces with Accounts Payable system to approve Facility Expenses from vendors.
15. Manages facility Cleaning Contracts.
16. Manages facility HVAC Contract.
17. Manages and maintains integrity of Fire and Burglary systems.
18.Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
20.Other duties / responsibilities may be assigned to this position at the manager’s discretion.
Job Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Ability)
· Associates degree in related field or equivalent related work experience.
· Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) required.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to coordinate team in a dynamic environment to meet continuous improvement initiatives, cost reduction goals and foster the team work to be successful.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of people including management staff to ensure successful outcomes of planned initiatives.
· Strong leader and collaborator, team builder and team player.
· Requires up to three months on the job to become minimally proficient.
· Five to seven years’ experience in a maintenance/production environment, at least three of which were in a supervisory/management capacity.
· Machinery repair and preventive maintenance experience
· Experience with PCL troubleshooting and programming
· Basic budgetary responsibility for facility operation.
· Interaction with production management to support daily production goals
· Maintenance of material handling equipment
· RF experience preferred.
· AutoCAD experience preferred
Complexity of Duties
· Works within established procedures. Prioritizes work load for staff based on work orders. Uses independent judgment to determine priorities to accomplish service goals.
· Works under the general supervision of the Director, Fulfillment Processes. Consults with Human Resources Director and Director, Fulfillment Processes regarding pay adjustments, promotions, terminations, bonuses or other rewards, and purchases. Confers with Director regarding capital expenditures or problems that may affect productivity, delivery schedules, or otherwise impact operations. Consults with Human Resources Director in relation to safety compliance and training.
Responsibilities for Accuracy
· Errors could cause delays in production, such as improper scheduling or inadequate inventory levels. Errors should be confined to the organization, but may cost the company excess money to correct.
Contact with Others
· Requires contact with all department managers, subordinate supervisors, sales staff, and project coordinators to ascertain needs and communicate schedules. Communicates with clients for specific client needs.
· Works with confidential salary information.
Mental and/or Visual Demand
4. WORKING CONDITIONS
· Position required sitting up to 50% of the time. The remaining time is spent walking through facilities to ensure efficient operations and discussing issues with management. Some bending, lifting, stooping, reaching is required when assisting employees during busy periods.
· Normal alertness required in performance of work.
· Exposure to some chemicals.
· Position requires ability to respond to service needs 24/7; on call as needed.
Extent of Supervision
· Provides general supervision to department staff.
Scope of Supervision
· Overall responsibility for up to two employees.
Maintains favorable working relationships with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
The incumbent must be able to work in a structured, fast-paced, multi-task, deadline oriented, stressful and demanding environment. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must be able to regularly cope with and handle changes in direction and serious pressure.
Greg Germann | Hiring Manager
1845 Brevard Road, Arden NC 28704
Phone: 828.684.4300 | Fax: 828.684.1979