Development Assistant – One Year Part-Time Contract Labor for Hands On!-A Child’s Gallery
Job Purpose: The Development Assistant is responsible for implementing the development plan to strengthen the financial security of Hands On!. The main objective of the Development Assistant is to increase development income through donors, sponsors and special events. This interim position will report to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Improve the annual development plan to secure funding for the annual operations of Hands On!
2. Research and manage implementation of fundraising through individual donors, special events and corporate sponsorships.
3. Assist with planning and implementation of annual fundraising event scheduled for June 4, 2016, the 5th annual Mad Mountain Mud Run.
4. Provide the Executive Director with frequent updates and weekly reports on the planning and implementation of development process.
5. Communicate with all funders to keep them informed of the work of the organization (via notes, calls, reports, mailings, meetings, appreciation events)
6. Act as spokesperson on behalf of organization, as needed.
7. Maintain positive relationships with clients, funders, staff, volunteers and board of directors.
o Bachelor’s Degree
o Working experience in a non-profit environment in marketing or development field.
o Proven fundraising experience
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
o Email/internet research
o Word processing and writing skills necessary
o Graphic assistance a plus, but not a necessity
The Development Assistant should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
o Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and
staff behavior is consistent with these standards.
o Build relationships: Establish & maintain positive relationships with others.
o Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using
appropriate and effective communication techniques.
o Creative: Utilize creative thinking to develop donors with a limited fundraising budget.
o Motivated: Make a plan and tackle it, determined to excel in order to continue the mission of Hands On!.
o Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details,
data, information and activities.
o Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward financially and evaluate the results.
Work Environment, Hours & Rate of Pay
This is not an employee of Hands On! and the individual will be hired to accomplish the job description, however, meetings and work around special events should be scheduled and attended as needed. An average of 25 hours/week are necessary to accomplish the tasks and rate of pay will range from $27,000 – $30,000, depending on experience.
Interested applicants that meet the job requirements for this one-year opportunity should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Hands On! at 318 North Main Street, Hendersonville, NC 28792 by December 31, 2015. (No phone calls, please.)