May Financial Education Schedule
Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
Homebuyer Education Series – ($50.00 participant fee)
Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (2-part class) Saturdays, May 13 & 20 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Understanding Reverse Mortgages
Learn the basics about Reverse Mortgages. This class will help you:
– Finally understand what a reverse mortgage is and how they work.
– Learn how reverse mortgages can provide cash to homeowners over age 62.
– Understand how the loans are paid back.
– Learn about different scenarios and how a reverse mortgage can be helpful; and
– Determine if you have enough equity in your home for a reverse mortgage to be a good solution for you by getting a free estimate at the end of the class.
· Tuesday, May 23 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Money Management and Credit Classes
Manage Your Money Series
Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
- Mondays, May 8, 15 & 22 from 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Understanding Credit. Get it. Keep it. Improve it.
Find out what credit is and why it’s important. Understand what affects your credit score. Gain knowledge of method to repair or establish credit.
- Monday, May 1 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 10 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Thursday, May 18 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Monday, May 22 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Budgeting and Debt Class
A budget plan is one of the best tools for financial empowerment. Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget. Additionally, everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Wednesday, May 3 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Thursday, May 11 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 16 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 26 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
Preventing Identity Theft
Identity theft happens when someone steals your personal information and uses it without your permission. In this class, we’ll discuss how it happens, identify popular fraud and scam techniques, learn how to prevent identity theft, and explain what to do if you’re a victim of identity theft.
- Tuesday, May 2 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Surviving the Benefits Cliff. A Personal Story.
Moving away from government assistance is huge but it is also attainable. Through a personal story of success, this class will discuss the steps of climbing out of the assistance hole and getting to the other side of the cliff. You can do it…we can do it together, let’s get started.
- Thursday, May 4 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 17 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Pre-registration required. Call OnTrack WNC today at 255-5166.
All classes listed are held at OnTrack WNC offices – 50 South French Broad Ave. Second Floor