May Financial Education Schedule
Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
Manage Your Money Series– Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
- Tuesdays, May 3, 10 & 17 from 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Money Buddies (5-part series) – We know that most women really love connections and relationships, so the Money Buddy Series encourages women to capitalize on personal connections to strengthen money management skills! The Money Buddy series invites women to “bring a friend” for support and encouragement as they embark on their money mission. In the 5-session series, participants set personal goals and the classes provide the information, tools, and support to reach them! Students will also receive their Credit Report and Score for FREE. Money Buddies support one another with mutual motivation and accountability.
- Thursdays, May 5, 12, 26 June 2 & 9 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
Homebuyer Education Series– ($50.00 participant fee) Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (4-part class) Thursdays, May 5, 12, 19 & 26 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm (FREE for Henderson County residents) – at Oak Haven Apartments in Hendersonville)
- (2-part class) Saturdays, May 14 & 21 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 4 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Wednesday, May 11 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Monday, May 16 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Friday, May 27 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Budgeting and Debt Class – A budget plan is one of the best tools for financial empowerment. Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget. Additionally, everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Wednesday, May 4 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Tuesday, May 10 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Monday, May 16 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Tuesday, May 24 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Tuesday, May 31 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Planning for your Financial Future – Are you ready to invest your money in the stock market but not sure how to begin? Learn the basic vocabulary and concepts that will help you in taking the plunge into smart financial investing.
- Wednesday, May 18 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (Guest Educator: Harli Palme/Parsec Financial) – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
How to Buy a Car – Knowledge is definitely power when it comes to purchasing a car so start your education with this class. This class discusses the important steps to car ownership. These steps include researching cars, factors to consider, how to find a car, the history and safety of cars, financing options and extra and hidden fees.
- Monday, May 23 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm (Guest Educator: Tabatha Hamlin/State Farm) – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
– Finally understand what a reverse mortgage is and how they work.
– Learn about how reverse mortgages can provide cash to homeowners over age 62.
– Understand how the loans are paid back.
– Learn about different scenarios and how a reverse mortgage can be helpful; and
– Determine if you have enough equity in your home for a reverse mortgage to be a good solution for you by getting a free estimate at the end of the class.
- Tuesday, May 24 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Emotions & Spending– This class explores the powerful role of emotion in our use of money, and provides tools for understanding those connections and working with the influential pull our emotions have on our spending patterns.
- Wednesday, May 25 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
Pre-registration required. Call OnTrack WNC today at 255-5166.
All classes listed are held at OnTrack WNC offices – 50 South French Broad Ave. Second Floor