December Financial Education Schedule
Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
– Finally understand what a reverse mortgage is and how they work.
– Learn about how reverse mortgages can provide cash to homeowners over age 62.
– Understand how the loans are paid back.
– Learn about different scenarios and how a reverse mortgage can be helpful; and
– Determine if you have enough equity in your home for a reverse mortgage to be a good solution for you by getting a free estimate at the end of the class.
- Thursday, December 1 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Manage Your Money Series– Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
- Saturdays, December 3 & 10 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Going to College Without Going Broke – In this class, participants will learn about the mysterious world of financial aid, where to find scholarships, student loan forgiveness and repayment options, and avoiding scams targeted to students.
- Monday, December 5 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm (offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center)
How to Find Extra Income in Your Day-to-Day Life – Getting a second job or working extra hours are only two ways to help increase your cash flow. We will do several exercises to help you build a personalized plan to creatively decrease expenses and increase income.
- Monday, December 5 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center)
Homebuyer Education Series– ($50.00 participant fee) Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (4-part class) Tuesdays and Thursdays, December 6, 8, 13 & 15 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Preventing Identity Theft– Identity theft happens when someone steals your personal information and uses it without your permission. In this class, we’ll discuss how it happens, identify popular fraud and scam techniques, learn how to prevent identity theft, and explain what to do if you’re a victim of identity theft.
- Tuesday, December 6 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center)
Home Energy Efficiency– Learn ways to make affordable energy upgrades to your home that will save you money. Most participants can expect to achieve a 30% savings in their utilities by implementing ideas learned in class. All participants receive a bag of helpful energy savings tools. Thanks to sponsorship support from The Biltmore Company® there is NO CHARGE for this class or for the energy saving tools.
- Wednesday, December 7 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Thursday, December 8 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Wednesday, December 14 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Monday, December 19 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Wednesday, December 28 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Budgeting and Debt Class – A budget plan is one of the best tools for financial empowerment. Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget. Additionally, everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Thursday, December 1 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Wednesday, December 7 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Wednesday December 14 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Monday, December 19 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Pre-registration required. Call OnTrack WNC today at 255-5166.
All classes listed are held at OnTrack WNC offices – 50 South French Broad Ave. Second Floor