January Financial Education Schedule
Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
Dreaming of a Debt Free Life– Everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will address the financial and emotional impact of being in debt and discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Tuesday, January 3 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center)
- Thursday, January 12 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm (offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center)
Manage Your Money Series– Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
- Wednesdays, January 11, 18 & 25 from 5:30 to 8:00 pm
How to Find Extra Income in Your Day-to-Day Life – Getting a second job or working extra hours are only two ways to help increase your cash flow. We will do several exercises to help you build a personalized plan to creatively decrease expenses and increase income.
- Tuesday, January 17 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center)
Homebuyer Education Series– ($50.00 participant fee) Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (2-part class) Saturdays, January 21 & 28 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 4 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Tuesday, January 10 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Tuesday, January 17 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Thursday, January 26 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Budgeting and Debt Class – A budget plan is one of the best tools for financial empowerment. Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget. Additionally, everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Tuesday, January 3 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Wednesday, January 11 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Thursday, January 19 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Monday, January 23 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Tuesday, January 31 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
– Finally understand what a reverse mortgage is and how they work.
– Learn about how reverse mortgages can provide cash to homeowners over age 62.
– Understand how the loans are paid back.
– Learn about different scenarios and how a reverse mortgage can be helpful; and
– Determine if you have enough equity in your home for a reverse mortgage to be a good solution for you by getting a free estimate at the end of the class.
Tuesday, January 24 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Pre-registration required. Call OnTrack WNC today at 255-5166.
All classes listed are held at OnTrack WNC offices – 50 South French Broad Ave. Second Floor