June Financial Education Schedule
Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
Homebuyer Education Series – ($50.00 participant fee)
Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (4-part class) Mondays and Wednesdays, June 12, 14, 19 & 21 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Understanding Reverse Mortgages
Learn the basics about Reverse Mortgages. This class will help you:
– Finally understand what a reverse mortgage is and how they work.
– Learn how reverse mortgages can provide cash to homeowners over age 62.
– Understand how the loans are paid back.
– Learn about different scenarios and how a reverse mortgage can be helpful; and
– Determine if you have enough equity in your home for a reverse mortgage to be a good solution for you by getting a free estimate at the end of the class.
- Thursday, June 15 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Money Management and Credit Classes
Manage Your Money Series
Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
- Saturdays, June 10 & 17 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Understanding Credit. Get it. Keep it. Improve it.
Find out what credit is and why it’s important. Understand what affects your credit score. Gain knowledge of method to repair or establish credit.
- Friday, June 2 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Thursday, June 8 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 14 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 20 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Monday, June 26 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Budgeting and Debt Class
A budget plan is one of the best tools for financial empowerment. Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget. Additionally, everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Thursday, June 1 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 6 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, June 14 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Friday, June 23 from 12:00 t0 1:30 pm
- Monday, June 26 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
Planning for Your Financial Future
Are you ready to invest your money in the stock market but not sure how to begin? Learn the basic vocabulary and concepts that will help you in taking the plunge into smart financial investing.
- Thursday, June 1 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Monday, June 5 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Your Money Future: Vision. Protect. Invest. 3-part Series
During this FREE series, you will become empowered to start creating your own money vision for your financial life, address your insurance needs and take that first step toward investing in your retirement.
- Tuesdays, June 13, 20 & 27 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
How to Find Extra Income in Your Day-to-Day Life
Getting a second job or working extra hours are only two ways to help increase your cash flow. We will do several exercises to help you build a personalized plan to creatively decrease expenses and increase income.
· Wednesday, June 28 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Pre-registration required. Call OnTrack WNC today at 255-5166.
All classes listed are held at OnTrack WNC offices – 50 South French Broad Ave. Second Floor