On May 11th & 12th, the inaugural “Show Me the Money Conference + Funding Expo” will be held in Downtown Asheville, bringing “all things funding” to Western North Carolina. The two-day event will provide attendees with access to the most innovative tools, training, and connections needed to successfully secure funding for their businesses or non-profits.
The Conference, Funding Expo, and Networking Reception will take place on May 11th at the Asheville Renaissance Hotel. Then on May 12th there will be optional intensive workshops offered at the Lenoir-Rhyne University Center for Graduate Studies for those looking to aggressively seek funding platforms.
At the May 11th Conference, there will be two nationally renowned keynotes, 35+ expert trainers, and 15 breakout sessions led by industry experts from across the Southeast. The breakout sessions are organized around the following five tracks;
· Track A: Start-Up Businesses
· Track B: Business Expansions
· Track C: Investor Ready
· Track D: Non-Profit Organizations
· Track E: Cluster Focus
o 1. Catalyzing the Life Science Innovation Sector
o 2. Financing Agribusiness and the Local Food System
o 3. Funding Tech Ecosystems and Community Infrastructure
Event planners anticipate over 50 organizations to participate in the May 11th Funding Expo, consisting mainly of; federal granting agencies, regional foundations, commercial loan providers, crowdfunding experts, Angel Fund Networks, business counselors, Small Business Centers, University departments, industry-specific experts, grant writers, attorneys, accounting firms, and government contractors.
On May 12th, the optional intensive workshops will present attendees with the opportunity to get hands-on support to the processes taken to successfully apply for funding in WNC. Held at the Lenoir-Rhyne University classrooms in the Asheville Chamber of Commerce building, the following four workshops will be offered;
· Track A: “Start-Up Funding Application Workshop,” taught by Russ Seagle, Executive Director of Sequoyah Fund
· Track B: “Expansion Funding Application Workshop,” taught by Tonya Snider and Tommy Dennison, Business Development Officers at the Carolina Small Business Development Fund
· Track C: “Pitch Prep Workshop,” taught by Stephen Poland, Lead Trainer of ScaleUp WNC, Director of the Embedded Entrepreneur Program, and Owner of 1×1 Media
· Track D: “Competitive Grant Writing Workshop,” taught by Mark Goldstein, President and CEO of Communication Mark
Tickets are on sale now online, with Early Bird Rates available until April 5th. Full agenda, sponsors, and speakers are listed on the main event website at www.ShowMetheMoneyConference.com
Save $10 on your tickets by using the exclusive “WNC Partners” Discount: