As an Asheville Chamber member, we invite you to submit a proposal for the 2019-20 Smart Series beginning September 2019. Each session will be held in the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce Board Room, either from 8-9 a.m. or 12-1 p.m. Topics and guidelines are listed below. Proposals should be submitted by Fri. July 12th.
- Presenter must choose one of the topics listed below, as these were specifically requested from our members. We recognize that these topics may seem broad. Presentations should give specific, actionable information related to some aspect of the topic rather than generalized.
- Include a brief description of program to be presented.
- Include brief bio of presenter.
- Submit proposal to Amy Jackson, Director of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12th
- Nov. 6th at noon – Building, Supporting and Inspiring Your Team
- Jan. 8th at 8 a.m. – Productivity and Time Management Strategies
- Feb. 5th at 8 a.m. – Diversity and Equity in Business
- March 4th at noon – Turn Networking into Sales; Quantify your ROI
- May 6th at noon – SEO for Small Business
General criteria for presenters:
- No solicitation of products or services by the speaker.
- Program must promote the professionalism of members.
- Content must be educational, meaningful, and practical for the business community.
- Program must be delivered by a qualified expert on the topic.
- Presenter is responsible for program materials distributed to attendees.
- Speaker should indicate equipment/technology needs and conduct a “practice run” at least one week in advance.
- Programs are typically 50 minutes long.
Presenters will be selected by the Membership Committee and Chamber Member Services. Selection will be made on Monday, July 15th, and presenters will be notified the following week.
Director of Engagement
Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce