Deputy Engineering Director – (1176)
This details all the information about the job posting.
Location Erwin, TN 37650 US (Primary)
Travel Required: 20 – 30%
Job Type : Full-time Salaried- Security Clearance Required
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Job Category: Engineering
Job Description / Duties
1. Administration and implementation of Engineering initiatives as directed by the Engineering Director.
2. Oversight of Engineering standards & procedures.
3. Engineering budget development, review and monitoring.
4. Coordination of day-to-day issue management involving Engineering resources.
5. Coordination of engineering support for business proposals, quotations, and awarded contracts.
6. Engineering contractor utilization strategy management, coordination and quality monitoring.
7. Delegate for Engineering Director for Safety and Safeguards Review Committee, Change Control Board, Plan-of-the-Day, etc.
8. Act as Engineering Director during incumbent’s absences.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
4- Year College Degree
Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other 4-year technical degree plus equivalent work experience.
Previous supervision experience is highly desirable but not required.
Position required multi-discipline, practical knowledge base.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
The Babcock & Wilcox Company supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
There’s an energy at B&W. Find out how you can be part of it.
To be considered for this position, go to www.babcock.com, click on “Careers,” then “Get Started.” Enter job code 1176 – Deputy Engineering Director to apply for the position.