June Financial Education Schedule
Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
How to Buy a Car – Knowledge is definitely power when it comes to purchasing a car so start your education with this class. This class discusses the important steps to car ownership. These steps include researching cars, factors to consider, how to find a car, the history and safety of cars, financing options and extra and hidden fees.
- Wednesday, June 1 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm (Guest Educator: Tabatha Hamlin/State Farm) – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
- Tuesday, June 7 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (Guest Educator: Amy Manshack/State Farm) – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
- Wednesday, June 8 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Manage Your Money Series– Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
- Saturdays, June 11 & 18 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Homebuyer Education Series– ($50.00 participant fee) Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (4-part class) Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 14, 16, 21 & 23 from 5:30 to 8:30pm
- Thursday, June 2 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Tuesday, June 7 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Friday, June 17 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Wednesday, June 22 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Thursday, June 30 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Budgeting and Debt Class – A budget plan is one of the best tools for financial empowerment. Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget. Additionally, everyone has a different solution for managing debt. This class will discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Thursday, June 9 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Wednesday, June 15 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm OR
- Tuesday, June 21 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm OR
- Tuesday, June 28 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
– Finally understand what a reverse mortgage is and how they work.
– Learn about how reverse mortgages can provide cash to homeowners over age 62.
– Understand how the loans are paid back.
– Learn about different scenarios and how a reverse mortgage can be helpful; and
– Determine if you have enough equity in your home for a reverse mortgage to be a good solution for you by getting a free estimate at the end of the class.
- Thursday, June 23 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Planning for your Financial Future – Are you ready to invest your money in the stock market but not sure how to begin? Learn the basic vocabulary and concepts that will help you in taking the plunge into smart financial investing.
- Monday, June 27 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm (Guest Educator: Harli Palme/Parsec Financial) – offered through the Women’s Financial Empowerment Center
Pre-registration required. Call OnTrack WNC today at 255-5166.
All classes listed are held at OnTrack WNC offices – 50 South French Broad Ave. Second Floor