As an Asheville Chamber member, we invite you to submit a proposal for the 2018-19 Smart Series beginning September 2018. Each session will be held in the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce Board Room, either from 8-9 a.m. or 12-1 p.m. Topics and guidelines are listed below. Proposals should be submitted by Wed. July 18th.
- Presenter must choose one of the topics listed below, as these were specifically requested from our members. We recognize that these topics may seem broad. Presentations should give specific, actionable information related to some aspect of the topic rather than generalized.
- Include a brief description of program to be presented.
- Include brief bio of presenter.
- Submit proposal to Amy Jackson, Director of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 18th
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Service Skills for All Employees
- DEI: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Social Media (2 sessions during the year, proposals may be for one or both)
- Keeping Your Employees Motivated (and interested in growing with your company)
- Wellness during your workday
- Ways for Your Business to Increase Your Community Engagement
General criteria for presenters:
- No solicitation of products or services by the speaker.
- Program must promote the professionalism of members.
- Content must be educational, meaningful, and practical for the business community.
- Program must be delivered by a qualified expert on the topic.
- Presenter is responsible for program materials distributed to attendees.
- Speaker should indicate equipment/technology needs and conduct a “practice run” at least one week in advance.
- Programs are typically 50 minutes long.
Presenters will be selected by the Membership Committee and Chamber Member Services. Selection will be made on Friday, July 20th, and presenters will be notified the following week.
Director of Engagement
Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce