The latest in Chamber news: Avadim Technologies had their highest day of sales in history. Mission Health and HCA Healthcare have completed the due diligence process of the HCA acquisition. And the Boy Scouts of America are excited to invite both boys and girls to join their Cub Scouts program.
- Avadim Technologies is excited to announce that the company received orders Tuesday, August 28 for 11,946+ cases of Theraworx products for a total of $982,250.27! This is a new record, eclipsing the previous one day total of $686,534.04 set on 7/22/18.
- Mission Health and HCA Healthcare (HCA) have completed the due diligence process and have reached a definitive agreement for HCA to acquire Mission Health. The Board of Directors has signed an Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) which will soon be sent to the North Carolina Attorney General’s office as part of the regulatory review. While much work remains, this is a significant milestone in the process for Mission Health to join HCA Healthcare.
- By proclamations from Governor Bill Haslam (Tennessee), Governor Roy Cooper (North Carolina), Mayor Madeleine Rogero (Knoxville), and Mayor Esther Manheimer (Asheville), September 3, 2018 is officially “Friends of the Smokies Day” in honor of the nonprofit organization’s 25th anniversary. Friends of the Smokies is an official park partner of the National Park Service and Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP) that works to provide funding for critical park projects
- Pardee UNC Health Care announced today that Lateef Cannon, M.D., a family medicine physician, has joined Pardee Family Medicine Associates, located at 611-B 5th Avenue West in Hendersonville. Dr. Cannon specializes in nutritional, pediatric and prenatal care. He is Triple P-certified to help patients learn practical behavioral and developmental strategies.
- The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is now inviting both boys and girls to join the Cub Scouts (ages 5-10). With the school year upon us, they welcome all families to participate in the Cub Scouts, a program renowned for character-building fun and adventure. Through adventures big and small, Scouting embraces the outdoors and help communities through service projects, STEM development, and building confidence with a wide range of activities.
- Friday Staffing is looking for a Injection Molder, Assembly Technician, Machine Operator, Forklift Operator, and General Laborer. For more information, call Angela Paskus at 828-684-8700 or go to www.friday-staffing.com.
- Buncombe County Election Services is now hiring for the Tuesday, Nov. 6, general election. Poll workers are vital to helping with the voting process. Poll workers can make $175-260, depending on their position. For more information about being an Election Day worker, please visit buncombecounty.org/vote or call (828) 250-4216.