Hometrust Bank has a new COO: C. Hunter Westbrook. Mars Hill University successfully raised $53.4M for new buildings and student scholarships. And Park Ridge Health has announced they are working closely with the American Red Cross on Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
- Asheville voted. Hometrust Bank has been chosen by Mountain Xpress as the Best Bank of 2018.
- Pardee UNC Health Care’s cardiovascular rehabilitation program has earned recertification by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Pardee was recognized for its commitment to improving the quality of life by enhancing standards of care.
- Park Ridge Health is excited to introduce you to Karen Petrie, their new Director of Corporate Wellness and Business Development. Karen is bringing innovative ideas to Park Ridge Health and will grow new partnerships focused on consumer-centric health care for the people of our communities and local businesses.
- Student scholarships, a nursing school, and several new buildings are highlights of a major fundraising campaign undertaken by Mars Hill University. The Building Our University campaign launched in 2013 and had a goal of $42 million. When university official unveiled the final total during a celebratory event on Friday, September 21, 2018, it eclipsed the goal by more than $11 million, coming in at $53,436,992.
- Friday Staffing is looking for an Assembly Technician, Milling and Lathe Machine Operator, Machine Operator, Material Handler, Assembler, and General Laborer. For more information, call Angela Paskus at 828-684-8700 or go to www.friday-staffing.com.
- Park Ridge Health and the American Red Cross are working closely together on Hurricane Florence relief efforts. With the devastation from the storm, people in bordering counties and states need resources. Park Ridge Health invites the public to join us in providing the help they need.
- The Asheville Habitat ReStore is pleased to announce the winners of its seventh annual ReStore ReUse Contest. Ranging from fire pits and bars to pet beds and benches, and everything in between, the 32 entries were constructed predominantly of reused materials.
- September is Hunger Action Month-a nationwide initiative designed to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger. As part of this initiative Asheville Emporium and MANNA FoodBank are partnering to provide for vulnerable members of our community through resale clothing sales from September -November 2018.
- The board of directors of HomeTrust Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: HTBI) (“Company”), the holding company of HomeTrust Bank (“Bank” or “HTB”), today announced that C. Hunter Westbrook will assume the position of Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of both the Company and the Bank effective October 1, 2018.
- United Federal Credit Union (UFCU) is pleased to announce the appointment of Ronald King as branch manager of UFCU’s Niles South location at 2100 South 11th St.